Yayy..!! So the new version of Magento 2.4.2 is released. Here is The Great News for Magento Community! & the community never fails in update. As per the pre-release notes, today the 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝟐.𝟒.𝟐 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐯𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 update 0is to be available for general use. Magento’s quarterly update — Magento 2.4.2 that includes platform performance enhancements, security patch upgrades, B2B improvements, and many such code enhancements.
What’s New in Magento 2.4.2?
Now let’s see the Magento 2.4.2 Release Highlights:
1. Security-only patch code: These safety patches only include security bug fixes and not additional security enhancements that come with a fully complete patch. Now Magento retailers will be able to install time-sensitive security adjustments without having to resort to multiple operational adjustments offered for a full quarterly release. Also in addition, More than 35 other security enhancements that helps close remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities & includes cookie support to SameSite attribute, message display for the potential threat, standardized file operations across Magento components, and fixing of the Core Content Security Policy (CSP) violations are released.
2. Upgrades in platform:
· PHPUnit 9.x and deprecation of PHPUnit 6.5 is supported.
· MySQL 8.0 support and Magento 2.4.x supports MySQL 8.x.
· Elasticsearch 7.6.x is now supported & the default catalog search engine for Magento Commerce and Open Source. The guidelines recommend running Elasticsearch 7.9.x.
· This version of Magento has been tested with Varnish 6.4. But the Magento 2.4.x versions remain compatible with Varnish 6.x.
· The latest version is now compatible with Composer 2.x, and Magento highly recommends that magento merchants migrate to Composer 2.x.
3. Upgrades in GraphQL:
· In this latest release, now GraphQL honors catalog permissions.
· Upgradation in to support remote purchasing assistance.
· Localization support across stores is added to support different languages, currencies & carts.
· Type of integer object IDs has been deprecated.
· GraphQL schema has been enhanced to optimize product data retrieval.
· Multiple wish list support has been added.
· Added support for returned merchandise authorizations.
· Added the staging attribute to determine if a product is staged.
4. Enhancements in B2B: Once again the B2B edition expanded its functionality, which is very popular with Magento Commerce customers. So, here Magento 2.4.2 launches B2B v1.3.1. In the Magento 2.4.2 release, Purchase orders can now be completed using online payment methods. Following are the more features:
· To maintain PCI compliance, existing payment method templates override during initial checkout.
· Maintains compatibility in payment methods.
· Notified to buyers via email when they need to add payment details to an approved order.
· Customization of emails from the Admin with branding templates.
· Prevents discount codes from being added or removed at the final payment step.
· You can add company administrators, users, roles, and teams.
5. Changes in PWA Studio: In this entire 2.4.2 release, the localization and internationalization are given prime importance.
· Other upgrades include:
- Multiple store support
2. Extensibility enhancement
3. Client-side performance enhancement with Google Lighthouse support
4. ‘My Account’ for Venia includes features like order history (details), address book, and saved payments & it now provides support for multiple languages and currencies.
6. Page Builder customizations: Page Builder content migration and Page Builder CSS customization have been enhanced with the new 2.4.2 release.
· In this new release, Magento developers can now style content type output differently per viewport.
· Predefined margins and paddings are no longer required for content types.
· Page Builder no longer requires all content types to be placed within a row. The Page Builder stage is now initially blank and supports adding the following content types directly to the stage.
· The new mobile viewport switcher and viewport scope for form field values lets users and developers View content on different viewports when authoring and optimize minimum height field parameter on different content types for each viewport.
Other Improvements in Infrastructure
You can get detailed additional information about Magento 2.4.2 release from the 2.4.2 notes on the DevBlog community. Mainly, The Magento 2.4.2 release has included Adobe Stock Integration v2.1.1, framework and functional improvements in the areas of Customer Account, Catalog, Staging and Preview, Import/Export, Promotions and Targeting, Cart and Checkout, CMS, OMS, and B2B. Other than that, there are more significant upgrades for the AWS framework and Media Gallery.
How Can I Upgrade?
The release of Magento 2.4.2 will open a new chapter in eCommerce. To upgrade the new version of Magento, we recommended that you hire an experienced Team of Magento Development Services. So, that’s all discussed about the release of Magento 2.4.2.
Till then Stay Updated and Stay Connected.